Sunday 23 October 2011

Sunday Salon: Half Term At Last!


Here in the UK it's finally time for the half term break (we get a week off during the mid-point of the autumn term) and for me it's not a moment too soon.  It's been a hard half term for me in many ways and I'm currently nursing a bad cold that means I haven't been able to speak without croaking for about three days now.

But the good news is that tomorrow, we are heading off to the Peak District for three days of some much needed rest and relaxation.  We're staying in Derby, visiting Chatsworth House (Mr Darcy's house in the BBC version of Pride & Prejudice) and off course walking in the national park, which neither of us have been to before.  I hope to sleep in, eat lots of good food and relax in the countryside with some good books.


I'm not planning on using the internet at all during my mini-break as I want to get away from everything, but I have scheduled a Wonderful Wednesday post for next Wednesday.  As we are getting very near to Halloween, the theme is gothic reads, be they spooky or not.  I'll look forward to coming home Wednesday night and looking at the posts :)

Have you got some rest and relaxation planned soon?


11 comments:

  1. Have a fantastic time up in the Peak District, Sam! Let us know how Mr Darcy's house is when you come back. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time. I am green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely time! It sounds as if you really need that time away from it all and there's no better place than the Peak District and a visit to Chatsworth - but then living nearby I'm prejudiced in favour! Seriously, have fun! I hope you completely recover from that cold, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your time off - I like half term as well, but mostly becuase it means my train on the way to work is quiet and I can get more reading done! :)
    Relax and hopefully the fresh air will be good for you cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sophie, I will be sure to post pictures! :)

    Thanks Beachreader :)

    Linda, you're lucky to live nearby. I live in the urban sprawl around London so uninterrupted countryside will be a rarity for us!

    Mel, before becoming a teacher I used to love going to work in the school holidays as I could sleep in later every day. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun with all that relaxation and atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time. Am leaving for Rozella for four days. Its very relaxing, but there isno internet and that makes me restless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your trip! It sounds wonderful and should be just the thing to help you recover from that cold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fantastic destination--hope you are able to enjoy and relax. I'm looking forward to photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete