Sunday 15 April 2012

Sunday Salon: Back To Work

  
So today is the last day of my two week Easter holiday from work and I have a little case of back-to-school blues.  It's been lovely sleeping in, going on days out, having time to try out cooking some new meals and of course lounging on the sofa with a good book or two.  My blues aren't as bad as Calvin's above but it's always a chore to go back after a nice long break.  

Tomorrow I have a training day and then the pupils come back on Tuesday, so at least I'm eased into it gently.  I imagine it'll take a day or two to get back into a working routine rather than taking everything at a leisurely pace, then I'll be just fine.  I plan to spend the rest of today making the most of last day of the holidays by doing practically nothing at all - just reading, watching trashy TV and maybe a bit of gardening.  How are you planning to spend your Sunday?

Books:
Seeing as I've been off work, I've managed to get a decent amount of books read this week.  I've finished the following:
                         

And posted reviews for:

6 comments:

  1. Happy Sunday, Sam! I hope it's a quick transition back after your holiday. The two weeks off sounds fantastic! I'm really interested in several of the books you've read lately, so I'll be going back and reading some of those reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get back to work after four blissful days of holidays. Like you I got a lot of reading done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the return to work isn't too painful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I got that much time off for the holidays! Still the last day before going back to work should be spent indulging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel. Back to work for me tomorrow, although not to school but a Naval establishment who have similar holidays to the schools and probably more trouble than children. The joys of being a civilian in their world.

    Dreading to think what is in my inbox, in tray and the post.

    Hopefully it will not take too long to get back into the routine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in the same boat as you, Sam. This is my first morning back at school. My students seem cheery, but I'm thinking about how I spent yesterday sleeping in, editing a manuscript, and watching reruns of The Office. Hope your first day back goes well!

    ReplyDelete