Monday 24 November 2014

Five Months Old



On Saturday, Giles turned five months old.  I can't believe my screaming newborn bundle is already almost half a year old; everything has changed so completely since he arrived and I've learned so much about myself.

We've reached the point now where it feels as though Giles has always been here, and I can't imagine my life without him.  This past month has been an interesting one as his personality is really starting to shine through.  Looks wise, he is all Tom, but I'm seeing a lot of myself in his personality.  Like me, he is very determined (some might call it stubborn!) and likes to do things for himself, rather than be helped.  He's always on the go and always looking for the next thing to do.  He's very curious about people and the world, which probably comes from my nosiness!

At the moment, all of his determination is focused on one goal: becoming mobile.  He'll try anything to get where he wants to go, including pulling himself up on whatever is around, repeated rolling and a bizarre half-crawl-half-shuffle move.  I have a feeling he is going to be a bit of a monster when he learns how to move around efficiently!

7 comments:

  1. So cute! He certainly does sound determined :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic picture!

    It's always interesting to me who thinks that a child looks or acts like a certain parent. I'm pretty sure my parents think BG looks like the other side of the family and my husband's parents think she looks like my side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that :) You two look very cute. Also, I want to steal your boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a fun stage! Enjoy the calm before he starts walking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Five months already - wow! Lovely picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture of you and Giles is lovely! I don't know entirely why, but most of our photographs of Alexander are solely him - well, I do know why, I'm typically the one taking them. Haha. One of my 'resolutions' (I'm using that term loosely) is to take more pictures of us as a family, or even just me and him or him and daddy.

    It's funny how this little person feels as if they have always been a part of your life, isn't it?! And it's great when they start to develop in to their own person, personality and all.
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember thinking how much older Giles seemed than Hawthorne, but now that they're five months and almost four months, it's a reminder that six weeks, which felt interminable at the end of my pregnancy and so new at the beginning of his life, is not much time at all.

    ReplyDelete