I love the Classics Club Spin. I've participated in most of them, and have had a push to read some fantastic books (Their Eyes Were Watching God, Rebecca), some good ones (Lord of the Flies, Out of Africa), and some I'm just glad to have finished (Les Miserables). So I was excited to see a new spin announcement this morning; if I can take part while heavily pregnant, I can do it with a newborn!
As always, I've used random.org to randomly select 20 books from my classics club list that I have yet to read. Some will be planned rereads (in bold) and some will be new reads:
- Kim by Rudyard Kipling - I've tried starting this one before and didn't get very far. Hopefully I will have better luck if this book is selected this time around.
- Bonjour Tristesse by Francoise Sagan - I would love it if this one is picked.
- Burmese Days by George Orwell
- The Bell by Iris Murdoch - One of my favourite books.
- Hard Times by Charles Dickens - At least this one is short for Dickens...
- King Solomon's Mines by H. Rider Haggard
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
- Cannery Row by John Steinbeck
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
- Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
- Orlando by Virginia Woolf - Woolf scares me, so I'll be a bit apprehensive if this one is picked.
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
- Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- A Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- Tess of D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
This is quite possibly the nicest classics club spin list I have ever compiled! With the exception of Moby Dick, I really don't mind which number is selected. I wouldn't be surprised if the whale comes up though, it's been on every list I have ever made, and each time I've been dreading it...
Are you taking part in the spin? Link me to your list if you are.