Sunday 20 April 2014

Sam Sunday #50: Easter

I've had a great two week Easter holiday.  For Easter Sunday today, we went to my Mum's for a roast dinner with my family and it was nice to be able to spend some time with everyone.  I can't believe how quickly my nephew is growing up, he's almost 18 months now and starting to get seriously cheeky!  We also spent some time with Tom's parents yesterday, they've been abroad for a wedding for the past few weeks, so it was good to see them.

This past week has gone very quickly.  Tom has been decorating and doing DIY jobs around the house, whilst I've been sitting with my feet up!  Everyone kept telling me to rest and relax and make the most of the time before the baby comes, so I decided just to go with it.  I've been sleeping in and reading and lounging and watching TV and it's been lovely.  We have another Bank Holiday tomorrow and then I'm back to work on Tuesday.  To be honest I'm not looking forward to it, as I'm not sure how my energy levels are going to cope with managing a class full of lively eight year olds every day plus all the marking/paperwork, but I only have five weeks to go and then it's half term and my maternity leave starts.  I can't wait!

My bump has had a massive growth spurt over the past couple of weeks.  I'm now almost 33 weeks and hoping that I don't get too much bigger....

Reading-wise, it's been another great week.  I finished a chunky Robert Jordan book and I'm almost all of the way through The Portrait of a Lady (150 pages to go).  I love to read a chunky classic in my time off work and I've enjoyed this one, although it wasn't what I expected at all.  I have lots of thoughts about it, so I'm already looking forward to writing my review.

This week, I've been reading:
  

Reviews posted:

9 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Sam! Glad you're getting a chance to relax & I wish you luck in your last few weeks of work. A class full of lively eight year olds plus paperwork sounds hard enough without being so far along in your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bumps coming along nicely. Not much longer to cook. Hope the next few weeks are not too tiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this photo of you :) It's so nice that you are taking it easy and have gotten a lot of relax time. I'm also looking forward to your review on Henry James because I have this book on my list, and the last (which was also my first) experience I had with him was not that good so I am quite nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I'm in a massive pregnancy growth spurt too, and I'm only 24 weeks. I finally broke down and bought maternity clothes, and while it's nice to be really obviously pregnant to strangers, I can't help but think "I have how many more weeks to go?" Egads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw you are looking good! Glad you had a good Easter Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you being beautiful with your baby bump!! Love the picture! And sitting with your feet up and just doing some reading and such sounds lovely :)
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Totally doesn't start rubbing your belly on the screen* But SERIOUSLY though, what a bump! My cousin's like 10 weeks behind you, and I can't wait until her belly's all giant and grabbable haha!

    Glad you've had a lovely restful easter holidays and I hope the kids don't give you too much trouble when you get back to school

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww.. look at you looking beautiful with the bump! Not too long to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look wonderful! I hope you find lots of time to relax and lots of extra energy to deal with that classroom of kids. :)

    ReplyDelete