Time for another Classics Club Spin! So far I have participated in two, which has led to me readind Rebecca (awesome) and Les Miserables (at least it is out of the way). I am crazily indecisive about what to read at the moment (I blame the pregnancy hormones), so I'm looking forward to the decision being taken out of my hands. Of the twenty books I've listed below, one will be selected for me on Monday by a random number posted on the Classics Club blog.
Like last time, I've used random.org to select twenty books off my list. This time I'm including rereads, by which I mean books I already planned to reread for the Classics Club, not books I've read since joining.
- 1984 by George Orwell (reread)
- Villette by Charlotte Bronte (reread)
- Othello by William Shakespeare
- Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert (reread)
- Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
- Anthony and Cleopatra by William Shakespeare
- The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
- Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
- Titus Groan by Mervyn Peake
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- The Painted Veil by W. Somerset Maugham
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (reread)
- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (reread)
- Hard Times by Charles Dickens
- The Lost World by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (reread)
- The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkein (reread, and I'm up to this point in the series).
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
Initial thoughts - anything but Moby Dick! I'll be genuinely excited to read any of the others, but I don't know if I'm up for the whale after Les Miserables in December. I'm especially hoping for Tenant of Wildfell Hall or any of the rereads.
Are you taking part in the spin? If so, link me to your list, as I'd love to see what your options are.